History

Created in 1967 by Gordon G. Kohl, Peter Kohl and Herb Mitchell and incorporated the next year, Memphremagog Conservation Inc. (MCI) is a not for profit organization that has been working to protect the environmental health of the lake and its watershed for more than 50 years now.

With family memberships in more than 600 residences, MCI can count on around 1200 active members. Its actions are almost totally financed by the members’ dues.

See the 2017 Newsletter to learn more about the history of the organization.